The ultimate garage for collectible cars will be both functional and indulgent. Once you’ve put your time and hard-earned resources into the cars themselves, you might as well invest in a safe haven with all the bells and whistles. We can customize a prefabricated metal garage to suit not just your most basic needs for protecting your investment, but luxurious customizations for the ultimate car collector.
7 Things A Collector’s Car Garage Needs
- Aesthetics: You’ll spend a great deal of time in your garage, so it’s up to you to decide which aesthetic treatments and entertainment upgrades you might like inside, but the outside of your garage may very well be just as important. Metal buildings are an obvious choice for car storage, but the exterior of your garage can be anything but ordinary. Your roof, walls, trim, and overhead doors can all be customized in a variety of colors to fit your personality.
- Lighting: if affordability is your number one priority, you’ll need the best output for the lowest cost. That’s why so many garages use fluorescent lights. The cool lighting offers maximum output for your dollar. But the experienced car collector will know to check the Color Rendition Index of any lights used in a garage. The higher on the scale, the more the light will allow you to see true colors. Warm lights will distort the color of the cars and make it more difficult to differentiate imperfections when cleaning.
- Flooring: Even the most experienced car collectors can fall victim to oil leaks. That’s why epoxy-treated concrete floors are the number one choice for high-end garages. Epoxy treatments in dark colors will work the hardest to fight oil stains.
- Heating and cooling: For maximum protection, you’ll need heating, air conditioning, and dehumidifying anywhere you’re storing cars. It’s a small price to pay when you’ve invested so much into your prized possessions. Envelope metal building insulation solutions are a great way to lower your long-term costs associated with heating and cooling. This roof and wall insulation system is designed to provide an optimal overall energy performance for your garage. The customized installation provides a barrier to air leakage, contributing to the airtight benefit of a prefabricated steel building.
- Windows and doors: Off-site design and customization of prefab buildings make it easy to customize each wall with overhead doors and windows, including skylights, but you wouldn’t want to leave your cars baking in the sun all day. Some garage owners opt to use only artificial light in their garages. But the most luxurious garages may even have motorized skylights that can be open and shut with the quick touch of a remote.
- Lifts: If your garage has standard ceilings, a mid-rise scissor lift maybe your best option, assuming you need a lift at all. If you’re customizing a prefab metal building for your collectible cars, you may as well customize the roof pitch for added height. In that case, you can work with a two-post lift and go even higher.
- Security: Modern security camera systems from big box stores may only cost you a few hundred to a few thousand dollars to set up, depending on the number of cameras you need to secure the space. But you’re already providing your collectible cars with the most important level of security by far – a prefabricated steel frame. These metal buildings are pest resistant, provide a tight seal that won’t settle over time, and are strong enough to withstand hurricane-force winds and even earthquakes. Making the best possible choice in building material for your garage is likely the most important decision you can make toward protecting your investment.
For more information on Prefabricated Buildings, CLICK HERE or give us a call 888-783-3535.
You can also reach us on Twitter at @coastalsteel.
Also, don’t forget to subscribe, share, and comment!