Why Prefabricated Grow Houses
Prefabricated buildings manufacturing is a process of construction in which a building is constructed off-site, using the similar materials and designed to codes and standards that conventional buildings are made to stand up to. These superlatives carry a lot of weight, especially when it comes to prefabricated grow houses or for any prefab agricultural buildings for that matter.
The big difference: Prefabricated buildings are finished in about half the time. Prefabricated buildings are put together on-site quickly, reducing weather delays, moisture absorbing into construction materials which result in mold and mildew contamination, and reduced on-site traffic from suppliers, equipment, and workers.
Prefabricated buildings are built to meet or exceed the same building codes and standards as brick and mortar.
Structurally, prefabricated grow houses are stronger while assembly is quicker and easier compared with conventional construction because each prefab building is engineered to independently withstand the rigors of use, weather condition, and industrial equipment, when properly engineered.
What happens once I choose a prefabricated grow house over a brick or wood building?
Once the building is together and sealed, it becomes one building with the full integration of the wall, floor and roof assembly. Prefabricated buildings can be indistinguishable from traditional brick and mortar buildings. In fact, you’ll pass by one today and wouldn’t even realize it had been constructed elsewhere.
Another appealing factor of choosing a prefabricated grow house building is the customizable features. Some features include, size, and exterior finishes/interior customization’s.
A prefabricated building is… Faster
- The construction process of prefab buildings occurs simultaneously within a manufacturing facility, which translates to a ready-made facility in half the time of traditional construction.
- Weather delays are reduced or sometimes eliminated completely due to the bulk of the construction occurring within the prefabricated building manufacturers facility before being delivered to the final location where it’s built.
- Fast build means a faster ROI (Return on Investment).
- In some areas, the longer the construction period, the more prone you are to theft and other security issues. Thankfully, these risks are reduced with the quicker construction time of prefabricated grow houses.
A prefabricated building is… Smarter
- Prefabricated buildings are built with steel and other materials which follow the same national and local building guidelines as traditional construction, but built in half the time.
- Able to support a wide range of exterior finishes.
- A typical prefab building is built on a fixed cost contract, which reduces the chance of cost overruns.
- Prefabricated buildings are more affordable and easier to assemble and cost less for man hours. You accelerate the return on your initial investment by having the job done easier and safely.
A prefabricated building is… Greener
- All prefabricated grow house are built in the prefabricated building manufacturing facility. Thus, the construction/assembly process of the grow house is quicker. Which leads to less on-site traffic.
- Coastal Steel Structures is dedicated to protecting our environment and reducing waist. All our buildings meet the ISO 14001:2004 standard.
- Most prefabricated metal buildings are made with recycled steel.
- Since much of the of the building is manufactured off-site, the potential for the components to trap moisture due to weather are far less than traditional construction.
- Can be disassembled and relocated if necessary. (National and local codes apply)
- Using a building from Coastal Steel Structures can help you earn points towards a LEED Certification
- Are equipped to hand most insulation solutions.
- When properly insulated, prefabricated metal buildings are more energy efficiency-Reducing the about of energy loss. Which leads to lower environmental costs throughout the life of your prefabricated grow house.
So the question begs to be asked…Why wouldn’t you build a prefabricated steel grow house? For more information CLICK HERE