Coastal Steel Structures metal hay storage barns are recognized from the United States to Canada by the agricultural and equestrian communities as the best farm building system for their hay. Coastal Steel buildings are the most economical way for protecting hay and other commodities from being rendered useless or destroyed from the weather. Our buildings can be custom built and will always protect from rot, mold, contaminating insects and fire. Whether you need a 50′ x 50′ foot steel hay barn or a 80′ x 150′ steel barn, we’ve got you covered in all areas.
Reliable and Affordable Prefabricated Hay Storage Barns
HAY is for Horses!
Storing hay on a farm seems simple. However, many different elements are factored into making sure that the hay can last through the season and not go bad. One of the major contributed factors to an inventory loss of hay is the type of coverage that is protecting this product.
Take into consideration the location by asking the following:
- What is the geographical location of the storage area
• What type of weather does the area get
• How much sunlight will the storage area get
• How much Hay is produced
• Are other users needed for the storage area; equipment, tools, other feeds?
Why is Steel Hay Storage Barns Better Than Traditional Wood Frames?
Our steel agricultural buildings provide protection from lightning, fire, mold and mildew, earthquakes, termites, and high winds! Our steel buildings allow better aging than any other building system.
Steel Metal Buildings and roof structures are the perfect economical solution for farms. Being multi-purpose in function is a highly sought after trait that is looked for when owning farmland. Steel Buildings are easily erected so that the hassle and long work hours of constructing a structure can be a thing of the past. Each steel building is created to withstand the harshest environments. Before the building is manufactured, a team of engineers go over and ensure that the building is up to the international building code in the area of erection.
Whether the structure is fully enclosed or not, steel buildings are the way to go.
- No leaks! This is very important to the storing of hay. Waterlogging the product could ruin a whole seasons worth of work and leave you with outfeed.
- Having the ability to allow little sunlight in, even if the steel structure is partly covered or roof only. The sun can bleach the hay causing it to lose its nutritional value (vitamin A)
- Low maintenance. All the hard work that is done on the farm throughout the year the last thing that needs to be factored into the workload is the upkeep of the storage facility
- Room for MORE! Steel structures allow there to be supermarket like storage. No center poles in the middle of the building for maximum use of space.
Steel buildings are great for storing extra equipment used around the farm; make sure to keep any significant machinery that is kept far enough away from the hay. Hay is an extremely flammable crop. So make sure to be continuous of equipment and feed being stored closed together. A separate steel building would be ideal for major machinery, allowing the smaller tools to be stored with the hay. This will help to keep the crop safe from the possibility of fire. While the steel structure will withstand a fire, the loss of crop is most important.
The possibilities are endless with steel storage buildings when storing hay, the long term life of a steel building far outweighs that of cloth like structures and wood built barns.
Why Are Steel Hay Storage Barns The Best Option?
Fast delivery, easy to assemble, and the best warranties around.
-We are allied with a world leader in quality steel building fabrication. Coastal Steel has been providing America with supreme quality agricultural steel buildings at an affordable price since 2005
– Agricultural buildings from Coastal Steel Structures will give you the combined benefit of long-term experience and the newest technical innovations on the steel building system scene.
– We use only the highest-quality steel and designs for your agricultural buildings, always meeting or exceeding industry standards.
– With Coastal Steel Structures, you get to choose from among a wide variety of assorted designs and exteriors, which means that your agricultural buildings will always fit your particular needs and tastes, the surrounding rural landscape, and existing buildings.
– All our agricultural buildings are designed and crafted with flexibility in mind. They are a long-term investment that will be easy to adapt as your agricultural business grows or shifts.
– Coastal Steel Structures is renowned for putting the customer first. We will provide you with customized service and make sure that you get an agricultural steel building that caters to the precise needs of your agricultural business. Our skilled staff will respond to any inquiries within 24 hours.
Envelope Metal Building Insulation Solutions
Industrywide difficulties in meeting increasingly stringent building codes are the driving force behind our Envelope Solutions. Envelope Solutions are designed to provide optimal overall energy performance for your building.
We want to make intricate building designs simple by helping you select the optimal roof and wall insulation system. Our technical support team will develop the right Envelope Solution for your project!
When installed correctly, Envelope Solutions provides a barrier to air leakage and contributes to a better airtight building. We provide not only custom fabricated insulation, facing, and fabric, but also all necessary accessories and components to install your project correctly the first time.
Condensation Blankets for Metal Buildings
Reflective Insulation greatly increases comfort by reducing radiant heat gain. The barriers consist of a highly reflective material that reflects radiant heat rather than absorbing it. Our reflective insulation is effective used alone or in conjunction with fiberglass batts for optimal thermal performance.
Gutters and Downspouts for Metal Buildings
When it comes to metal buildings, it’s the little features you want to pay attention to. Gutters and downspouts are the first places you should start on your steel building. Gutters are essential to those that want to keep the weather out and protect their investment. Gutters and downspouts protect from water damage by diverting rainwater, melting snow and heavy condensation from the roof by diverting it elsewhere.
Walking through runoff rain and water while entering your building is not the most sustainable way to begin your newly built prefabricated steel building. Failure to get gutters and downspouts can affect the quality and durability of your prefab building.
3 Reasons for Gutters and Downspouts for Your Metal Building
- You, Will, Protect Your Investment and Save Money.
- Prevent Widespread Moisture Damage.
- Physical Comfort.
Lean-to Metal Building Roof Additions
A lean-to building addition is trendy for many different reasons. Typically, a lean-to is an open roof cover that is attached to the main structure. Lean-to roof additions are typically between 8’ feet and 16’ feet wide. The lean-to is often the most popular option for inexpensive covered storage for homes and commercial metal buildings. Lean-tos can be used for cars, boats, RV’s, farm equipment, firewood, dog kennels, and more. Some lean-to roof covers have designated space for hot tubs, and back patios for BBQs and overall relaxation. When you’re designing your building, this is one addition you should take into consideration.
Framed Openings for Metal Buildings
Framed openings for prefabricated metal buildings can be ordered in any size you wish. The size you request should be the clear opening your building requires for the door or window/louver it’s intended for. Please take into consideration any shimming you’ll need to do when taking sizes into account.
All openings are field-located unless it’s been noted otherwise within the order documents. Our team at Coastal Steel can help you go over measurements during the design phase. Specific load requirements require the use of a hot-rolled structural channel. When this happens, pre-drilling will be required for attachment of the trim and panel. The jambs for framed openings will extend to the next standard girt elevation or eave strut above the height of the opening for door tracks being attached.
Jamb extensions are provided if the door has a vertical lift which is specified up to twice the door height or the eave strut. Standard jamb designs can support roll-up doors up to 2000 lbs.
Galvanized Secondary Members
Coastal Steels metal buildings have a hot-dip galvanized steel frame. All primary and secondary framing members are zinc coated to outperform inferior paint primers used by other manufacturers. Our Zinc galvanizing process prevents rust and ensures a long life-cycle of performance. Coastal steel buildings are designed with a patented easy bolt-together connection technology, which compliments a sturdy bracing system for extra rigidity against wind and snow loads.
All Coastal Steels Buildings are made in America, by American workers and with 100% American made quality steel. quality materials, skilled craftsmanship and cutting-edge technology are combined with a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility.