Why Commercial Real Estate Investors Choose Prefab Steel Buildings?
Commercial real estate investors are masters of the balancing act. The mind boggles with a running list of initial construction costs, ongoing maintenance, insurance, and frequent updates to attract new tenants, all while keeping a close eye on the bottom line. Additionally, delays are frequent in construction projects. For example, more than four thousand construction projects from the UK and Europe rarely completed on schedule in 2017. There are many causes for such project delays, of which shortage and delay in material supply are among the most notable in many studies. (1) Here in the United States, there are only a few construction materials that are locally available. However, local supplies cannot always meet the demand of local construction. So, how can we continue to grow at a healthy and sustainable rate?
Steel Buildings offer advantages over traditional building materials such as fast construction, flexible design, and reusable resources.
- Fabrication of steel buildings is done off-site and delivered to your job site. Once delivered, contractors and erectors begin the assembly process with all the different steel members bolted together. As a result, businesses can start operations faster which will help them see a return on their investment sooner than with traditional construction.
- One benefit of steel buildings is that they can be easily changed or extended based on what the future needs are. Affording owners, the ability to expand and grow without having to rebuild or move. Additionally, you can sell to a different organization, who would then want to change the building.
- With the focus now on sustainability and reduction of carbon emissions, steel provides the perfect green solution. Steel can be reused many times without the risk of losing either the quality or the strength. According to the MBMA, Structural steel keeps an extremely high overall recycle rate which, in 2014, stood at 98%. Steel scrap is an essential and valuable raw material in making new metal buildings. The North American steel industry has recycled more than a billion tons of steel since 1988.
- Steel buildings are constructed wholly out of steel. Unlike wooden structures, which are made of combustible materials. The International Building Code (IBC) recognizes that steel construction is non-combustible. Understand that this designation does not mean that metal buildings are exempt from all fire protection requirements, the code identifies significant advantages for using non-combustible construction compared to wood-framed components.
Prefab Steel Structures Provide a Faster, Higher Return On Investment
- Steel is the ideal building material for commercial buildings of virtually every industry, providing a non-combustible material that is mold, mildew, pest, and severe weather resistant. However, when it comes to the overall cost of investing in steel structures, it helps to start at the beginning.
- Prefabricated steel buildings have a significantly lower initial cash requirement than alternative materials, such as tilt-wall concrete. With lowered initial costs, you’re free to move ahead in the construction process with ease. Metal buildings are custom engineered to fit your exact needs. Components and structural members are manufactured and delivered from the source, making our steel buildings your most sustainable and cost-efficient solution for commercial real estate.
Throughout the life of your investment, you can look forward to:
- Minimized waste and construction time
- Unparalleled strength to withstand wind, earthquakes, heavy snow, and rain
- Lowered insurance costs
- Low maintenance upkeep
All these factors add up to real estate investors seeing a faster return on their investment.
Benefits of Prefab Steel in the Real Estate Market.
- Reduced construction time and overall costs mean that investors will see their ROI faster. However, what benefits can real estate investors look forward to after the initial building process? How can you cash in on owning a prefabricated steel building?
The benefits of steel stretch well into the real estate market.
- Business owners, warehouses, and lessees are putting their money on sustainability, both long and short term. As carbon-neutral planning and energy-efficient operations become more critical to consumers, real estate investors will be expected to deliver. The Green Building Council ranks prefab steel buildings as top-of-the-line for energy certification and LEED ratings. Our steel buildings provide the most sought-after benefits of lessees everywhere, with efficient insulation, heating, and cooling.
Getting Started with Prefabricated Steel Commercial Real Estate.
At Coastal Steel Structures, we input your exact specifications into our design program, generating a unique blueprint for your commercial real estate needs. Components and structural members are manufactured, then materials are delivered to the construction site for quick and easy installation at your lowest possible cost.
By creating rigorous standards for durability and quality for a variety of industries, we have ensured that our buildings are consistently the best available. In nearly two decades, we’ve served your needs in virtually every industry, from agricultural to equestrian, recreational to residential. Fast delivery, simple assembly, and unbeatable warranties – to learn more about the benefits of cost-effective steel for your industry, visit us here at coastalsteelstructures.com.
For more information on the Metal Building, CLICK HERE or give us a call 888-783-3535.
You can also reach us on Twitter at @coastalsteel.
Also, don’t forget to subscribe, share and comment!
- Bandar Seri Begawan.,
Department of Economic Planning and Development, Prime Minister’s Office, Brunei
- Dan Walker, P.E., MBMA