When A Prefabricated Metal Building Floor Plan is Needed Fast
Prefabricated metal building construction is like traditional construction: everyone has a unique design they are looking to have built for their organization.
Conceptual floor plans from an architectural firm can cost from $500 to $3,500 and can take weeks to develop.
Here are 4 tips for getting affordable conceptual site floor plans:
- If the prefabricated metal building company keeps a catalog of buildings, similar ones that have previously been built can be examined and adapted based on what has worked for another client. A steel structures company should keep a master catalogue and has floor plans from every project. When an older floor plan is selected, it should always be verified to have been updated to meet current IBC codes.
- Prefabricated metal building companies will sometimes have standard models. Maybe one of these floor plans will work for your needs. If not, ask the prefabricated metal building company if they provide conceptual planning as a part of their service.
- Projected foot traffic and the amount of space needed should be identified during the design process. Reworking floor plans can take time and slow down a project schedule. Design firms will most likely charge for each rendition, iteration, or version requested.
- The heart of architecture and construction, even in the humblest of building projects, is open-mindedness. Sometimes what was thought would be a great idea does not pan out to being a cost-effective design. Design experts are available to share their experience and expertise, and will help to create a design that is both efficient and affordable.
Prefabricated Building Wall Covering Finishes: Help With So Many Choices
Commercial prefabricated building contractors have commonly limited customer choices in wall covering to keep both production costs and build times down. Clients should be aware that they are not limited to a small selection of prefinished wall panels. There are some very attractive options for wall panels in the commercial prefabricated building industry that will brighten the environment in any new prefabricated building.
Tips for choosing a wall covering:
- Work within an allotted schedule: some textures and finishes have additional steps which may slow down a schedule by a few days
2. Work within a budget.
3. The intended use of a room should be shared with the designers during the design phase of the prefabricated building so that the best solutions can be developed.
4. As image can often be important, the proper time and energy should be spent working with the preconstruction design team to explore all options.
5. A design should never just be settled on. If a factory is not entertaining a desired design, or the factory’s design team keeps trying to change the customers mind, than a different factory should be approached. Experienced factories that build custom prefabricated buildings can take care of any style that a customer would want to include.
For more information on Prefabricated Metal Building Floor Plans, CLICK HERE or give us a call 888-783-3535