When it comes to the management of a healthcare facility, agency, building, or medical center, it can be unanimously assumed that managers are always trying to mitigate costs. Healthcare personnel are notoriously looking for places to gain back funds that can be invested into the actual health and well-being of the patients. As an industry that provides a critical service as opposed to retail centers and commercial storefronts, healthcare is a unique construction challenge that requires affordable, timely, and customized construction options. And Prefabricated Healthcare Buildings are a great solution!
It’s no wonder that in recent years, therefore, the healthcare industry has been working with prefabricated construction specialists to arrive at high quality builds that are erected in just a few days or weeks. While the building is under construction, a critical healthcare service is not being provided and performed in a given geographic area. There is a lot of pressure in the entire equation that something as simple and profound as prefabricated building solutions can answer.
The Issue of Time
In the past, the typical healthcare facility build-out took anywhere from 3 to 5 years. While that is going on, whether it’s for a hospital or bloodwork clinic, the spillover of patients that can no longer attend that hospital places immense pressure on other facilities and their budgets. Almost 1 to 2 years of that time is simply spent reviewing risk in the construction and development of the project. It’s a timeline that needs serious trimming.
With prefabricated healthcare buildings that arrive in a kit, ready for assembly per the drawings submitted, that timeline can be cut down to just weeks. Can you imagine the cost savings and benefits of restoring and erecting healthcare facilities in just weeks? It would not only cut down on the profits lost and the lives undermined during the construction phase, but it would also provide the facility with flexibility for the future, now able to accommodate the steady stream of patients nearby.
This New Construction Solution
Since prefabricated healthcare buildings are still relatively new, there are a variety of factors to research and take into consideration before you embark on your healthcare build. We’re going to look at a few below:
- Early interest is important: Any building project requirements cooperation from all parties involved. Therefore, if you are contracting the expertise of a Prefabricated Healthcare buildings company, provide your expectations and design requirements ahead of time, working alongside the company so as not to completely undermine the finalized prefabricated installation plan at the last second.
- Identify the move-in path: When it’s time to bring the project to life, a considerable amount of heavyweight and largely sized pieces are going to need to come together for the finalized construction of the facility. Therefore, clear move-in paths need to be identified and protected so that all materials can be delivered quickly without any issues.
- Test the water first: It’s incredibly important to treat and test the water, as well as run a mock drainage test before you go ahead and erect an entire facility. Sometimes, water issues might arise and a healthcare company is entirely unable to run efficiently without proper water delivery and drainage.
- Early design decisions: Since prefabricated means that designs are decided upon before the delivery of the materials, you need to be ready to finalize design decisions much earlier than in normal construction projects. As a result, plenty of planning with all parties and teams needs to be completed before you actually go ahead with the build-out in this instance.
- Code compliance: When materials are assembled offsite, it’s important to communicate code requirements ahead of time so that although the materials are elsewhere, they are being assembled in a way that is conducive to the final resting site. Work alongside the prefab team to ensure everyone is on the same code page.
However, most of these concerns are regular concerns that go along with construction projects of any variety. The difference is that prefabrication forces everyone to plan faster, and sooner, which is actually beneficial for completion in the end. With expedited timelines, all teams come together with an urgency that was not there before.
Coastal Steel StructuresRight now, the healthcare industry is leading the market with modular construction commitment at 49 percent, according to recent industry statistics. The weather resistant, mold resistant, and durable nature of metal buildings are highly valuable to healthcare workers trying to constantly mitigate the spreading of diseases and so forth.
If you are considering your very own metal healthcare build, we recommend checking off our concerns above before you finalize the project. With enough due diligence, however, the timeline to completion is a mere fraction compared to conventional construction, which can get you and your clinic up and move.
Here at Coastal Steel Structures, we understand that healthcare services are more critical, pressure-based, and critical than our regular commercial clients, which is why we work with you to adhere to unique shape designs, layouts, timelines, budgets, and more. We’re ready to grow with you as part of the healthcare industry into 2019 and beyond.
Consider this kind of construction solution for your future facilities.
For more information on Prefabricated Healthcare Buildings, CLICK HERE or give us a call 888-783-3535.
You can also reach us on Twitter at @coastalsteel.
Also, don’t forget to subscribe, share and comment!
Follow us on: