Prefabricated Aircraft Hangars
- Prefabricated aircraft hangars are a perfect solution to protect your investment. They provide a safe and secure storage solution without the hassle of having to build one yourself. Prefab metal buildings can be custom built to your own specifications for aircraft of all sizes. Prefabricated metal buildings can be built to store one plane or several and they are essential to protecting your aircraft.
Why Prefabricated Aircraft Hangars are a Must.
- Fire Proof: Steel is a non-combustible element which takes a very high degree of heat to melt. Steel is one of the best construction materials for storage of an investment like an aircraft. In many cases insurance premiums will drop if you’re using prefabricated aircraft hangars. The fact that the aircraft is protected from the elements, including fire damage, is a major plus to insurance companies.
- Strength: Steel is one of the strongest materials available on the market. Steel structures provide major stability and great resilience from major winds. Using a prefabricated metal building mitigates uncertainty. This includes the straight walls, square corners, and sturdy studs or joists. Although prefabricated steel buildings are very light in weight they are always bolted into a concrete foundation making them more secure.
- Durability: Prefabricated aircraft hangars made of steel are resistant to many things including mold, mildew, or termites. Steel won’t warp over time nor will it become saturated with water damage. This creates the ideal opportunity for a pilot or a company to save on maintenance costs of the structure.
- Speed of Construction: Pre-fabricated steel buildings are manufactured with laser cutting tools build for precision, pre-drilled and pre-welded parts. This allows the erection of the building to be done very quickly on your prefabricated airplane hangar.
- Customizable Designs*: Most modern prefabricated airplane hangars can be custom designed to your own specification. You can choose colors, styles of trim, and other finishes. The doors and the door mechanisms can be customized to your own needs as well.
*Things to consider When Designing Your Prefabricated Aircraft Hangars:
- How many aircraft will your prefab aircraft hangar be designed to fit?
- Do you plan on upgrading your aircraft?
- What amenities would you like in your prefab aircraft hangar?
- Type of hangar door system required?
- Will there be a fire suppression system?
- In addition, prefabricated aircraft hangars can be a multi-purposed structure. They can be used for several different things such as maintenance and servicing. They can also include a workshop, waiting lounge, office space, training area and briefing rooms for flight itineraries.
Let us know!
Did we leave anything out? Tell us in the comments below. And, don’t forget to like, share and subscribe.
For more information about prefabricated aircraft hangars, CLICK HERE or give us a call 888-783-3535