Do people know that they can custom design a prefabricated building to be a kitchen?
Before, during, and after a weekend of holiday, feasting is when our kitchens are most on our minds. Do people know that they can have a prefabricated commercial kitchen with every amenity in a prefabricated metal building? Prefabricated kitchens or dining facilities are great space solutions for rural areas that need a prefabricated service dinner, schools that need more cafeteria space, or places afflicted by accidents or natural disasters that need a humanitarian relief site.
A few hints for getting everything essential in commercial prefabricated kitchen design:
- A company with kitchen design experience is preferable, as prefabricated commercial kitchens must meet efficient space flow patterns, health code requirements, and associated OSHA safety requirements
- Preparing a conceptual design and running it by all the relevant inspection parties beforehand ensures that there will be no “do-over” due a design deficiency
- As timing is often critical, getting a firm written schedule is advisable. There is no feeling worse than opening months behind schedule, accompanied by the excuses of a vendor who is invested in the project’s critical path schedules from the onset
- Growth should always be considered. If there is a possibility that a diner or cafeteria will need more space, using flexible prefabricated sections can easily add more as these refectory facilities continue to expand, allowing for increased revenue and better quality community service, with fewer interruptions for upgrades.
Some Important Design Considerations for Prefabricated Kitchens:
- Fabric covered steel construction in a prefabricated dining area should be considered, so that wait staff do not have to work tables around post locations and diners have clear viewing access of the entire room
- A spacious area for restrooms away from any primary traffic should be evaluated
- Prefabricated kitchens designs can have high ceilings for a more open feel; designers should be consulted on how to incorporate these into a new ready-made space
- The design of a new prefabricated building can meet the theme of a planned restaurant; successful establishments would agree that the aesthetic and overall ambiance of an eatery can often be a critical factor in its revenues
- The exact building desired is possible, and as such, no compromise on design is ever necessary. Innovative prefabricated companies will be able to design and build any kitchen and dining facility wanted, as long as they are involved in the early planning stages.