How did men come to the conclusion that they needed a separate “man cave” in their house? Ask any man and he’ll probably argue that every other area of the house belongs to his wife. But in reality, every room in the house serves its own special function. The kitchen, the dining room, the office – they all serve a purpose in the humdrum of everyday life. It’s about time men and women alike claimed their own space for whatever it is they pleased.
And from this idea, the She Shed was born.
A She Shed is a small outbuilding with a big impact, creating a relaxing getaway or creative space for women who have been looking for a reason to say “no boys allowed.” But don’t let the shed fool you. There are plenty of ways to turn a small building into a dreamy escape. Pretty soon, you’ll be forgetting that you’re just in the back yard.
6 Ways To Turn Your Metal Outbuilding Into A She Shed
- Create a dramatic entrance. Don’t think of it as a shed. A She Shed is another home in itself, and your home deserves a covered entrance with a cozy place to sit. This small upgrade can make a big difference – a welcoming entrance says, “Come take a seat if you’re invited.”
- Design a mini-kitchen. If families of five can live out of an airstream for a year, then you can make something tasty in your She Shed. You may not need a gas range, but small appliances, like a coffee maker and a mini-fridge, can turn a prefab metal outbuilding into a sweet retreat. We’re thinking a hot cocoa bar, coffee station, or a full wet bar if mama needs a cocktail.
- Decorate with white. Dark colors are for man caves. A She Shed is a man-free, child-free zone. For once in your life, white furniture has a fighting chance in this world. Don’t miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity.
- Customize with windows and doors. Your standard shed will generally just have a double door for moving large machinery like lawnmowers in and out with ease. But when you choose a prefabricated metal outbuilding, it’s easy and cost-effective to let a little light in with a few windows and even French doors. Combine that with a rustic facade and decorative wood beams for a shabby chic feel.
- Treat yourself to a staycation. There are some days when you come home from work and feel the need to jet off to a tropical island. By turning your She Shed into your ideal guest cottage, you can take a mini-vacation any day of the week. And when it’s all yours, that means you don’t have to compromise on mattress firmness.
- Make it multifunctional. We live in the era of side hustles and remote work. If you work from home, you can create a She Shed that is part relaxing escape, part home office. Sometimes, taking your work into its own designated space is the best way to knock everything off your to-do list. And since it’s separate from the rest of the house, you can go in a totally new design direction to stir up that creative energy.
For more information on Prefabricated Buildings, CLICK HERE or give us a call 888-783-3535.
You can also reach us on Twitter at @coastalsteel.
Also, don’t forget to subscribe, share, and comment!